About Our District
The Baldwin-Whitehall School District is situated in Allegheny County and educates more than 4,200 students from the Boroughs of Baldwin and Whitehall and Baldwin Township who attend classes in five buildings, including one high school, one middle school, and three elementary schools.
The school district covers approximately 10-square miles and is located less than 10 miles from the heart of Pittsburgh. The high school renovation project completed in 2009, was recognized nationally as an award winning design by American School & University. The campus showcases fantastic athletic fields and courts, a modern performing arts center, and unmatched amenities for students, staff, and community members.
Highlights from the 2016-2017 School Year
Baldwin High School Mock Crash
Celebrating the Holiday Season
Please enjoy the video below highlighting some of the many exciting events that occurred during the month of December throughout the District.
The First Day of School
Representing the Class of 2017 through the Class of 2029, students throughout the district were welcomed back to our schools on Monday, August 29th. Please take a moment to watch the video that highlights some of the great memories that have already been made and that answers the often asked question, "What did you do today?".
Highlights from the 2015-2016 School Year
Please take a moment to reflect on some of the many great memories from the 2015-2016 school year, as we prepare for our next chapter!
On April 21, 2016, Baldwin High School hosted its second annual TEDx event. Students, teachers, parents, and community members from around the district came together to share their ideas worth spreading...and to show it truly "takes a village" to educate a child. These are their stories.
- 4,273 2016-2017 Student Population
- $62,363,584 2016-2017 District Budget
- $11,000 2016-2017 Average District Investment per Student
- 93.4 out of 100 2015-2016 School Performance Profile for Baldwin High School: (highest in the school’s history)
- A: Niche Ranking for Pittsburgh Metro 18th out of 141
- 18 Baldwin High School is consistently ranked among the top 20 school districts in Western Pennsylvania
- 1.5 Million Average Annual Scholarships earned by the BHS graduating class
- 563 Number of AP Course Enrollments
- 1,173 Number of Honors Course Enrollments
- 100 % of BWSD middle and elementary students achieve better than state averages on PSSA tests with an average proficiency score of 8.23% higher than the Pennsylvania average.
- 224 educators within our BWSD schools have a master’s degree or doctorate degree
- 65% of employees have served more than 10 years of service with the District.
- 20% of employees have served more than 20 years of service with the District.
- 10th lowest tax rate of 42 school districts in the region.
- 12th lowest tax rage of 15 school districts in the South Hills region at 18.42 millage rate.