Halls of Fame
To learn more about our academic and athletics halls of fame, please click on one of the tabs below.
The Distinguished Highlander Alumni Hall of Fame will be awarded every other year and will recognize significant achievements of alumni of the Baldwin-Whitehall School District.
The BWEF is independent 501(c)(3) whose mission is to support and recognize innovation and excellence within the Baldwin-Whitehall School District. We provide support to teachers, staff, and students through education grants and scholarships.
What is a Distinguished Highlander?
• A graduate from the district that has become a leader in their industry, field, or community.
• May or may not be currently holding the position(s) in which they achieved major success.
• May be living or deceased.
Honorees will become part of a permanent exhibition at Baldwin High School. The Class of 2017 will be celebrated at the BWEF Innovation and Excellence recognition banquet the weekend of March 11, 2017 at South Hills Country Club.
Please take the time to give careful consideration to making a nomination for a deserved candidate. All nominations will remain confidential. Nominations are accepted on a rolling basis; however, the deadline for the Class of 2017 is November 25, 2016.
The Baldwin-Whitehall Educational Foundation
75th Anniversary Gala Highlights
The Baldwin-Whitehall School District's Athletics Hall of Fame Committee uses the following criteria to determine candidates for the District's Hall of Fame:
At least ...
- WPIAL champion
- PIAA champion or runner-up
- Big 33 Football Classic selection
- First-team all-state (The Associated Press or United Press International)
- All-American (example: swimming based on time—approximately top 25 in nation). (All-Americans based on media selection will not be considered.)
- NCAA or NAIA championship team member
- Olympics participant
- Professional athlete for a minimum of one year (highest recognized league in each sport
At least ...
- WPIAL champions
- PIAA champions or runners-up
Other individuals, including community members, who have made significant contributions to Baldwin-Whitehall Athletics are also eligible.
The inductees must have graduated from high school at least five years prior to being nominated. Eight out of 10 Hall of Fame committee members must concur for a team or an individual to be placed into the Hall of Fame.
You can send nominations (with supporting information) to the Baldwin High School Athletics Office (4653 Clairton Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15236 or to Vince Sortino at: email@example.com.