Transportation Department Overview
The Baldwin-Whitehall School District's Transportation Department is dedicated to supporting the educational programs of the District by safely transporting students to and from school and school related events economically, efficiently and on time.
Rules and Regulations for School Bus Riders
Certain rules and regulations have been established for students who are transported to and from school on Baldwin-Whitehall buses and vans. These rules are for the safety of the students who ride the buses.
All residents should become familiar with these rules. Parents of young children should review the rules with them. Violations of these rules and regulations can result in loss of riding privileges.
Prior to Loading (at the bus stop and at school)
- Be on time at the designated bus stop. Do not arrive more than ten minutes prior to the scheduled time.
- Stay off the road at all times while waiting for the bus. Riders must conduct themselves in a safe manner while waiting for the bus.
- Respect the property of the homeowner at the bus stop. Do not damage hedges, grass, retaining walls. Do not litter.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to board the bus.
- Do not cross the road until all traffic has come to a complete stop. Check both ways.
- Do not push or shove while boarding the bus.
While on the Bus
- Keep hands and head inside the bus at all times.
- Do not litter on the bus. Eating and drinking on the bus is prohibited.
- No smoking on the bus.
- Remember that loud talking and laughing or unnecessary confusion can divert the driver's attention and can result in a serious accident.
- Do not damage the bus in any way. Offenders are responsible for payment for damage to seats, windows, etc.
- Never tamper with the bus or any of the equipment on the bus.
- Take care not to leave lunches, books, or other articles on the bus.
- Keep books, packages, coats, and other objects out of the aisles; they must fit under the seat.
- Do not throw anything out of bus windows.
- Do not leave the seat while the bus is in motion.
- Horseplay or rowdiness is not permitted on the bus.
- In the event of an emergency, stay on the bus and follow the directions of the driver.
After Leaving the Bus
- Be cautious that book bags, long coats, drawstrings do not get caught on doors when getting off of the bus.
- When crossing the road, look to be certain that all traffic has stopped in both directions. Cross at least ten feet in front of the bus.
- Driver will not discharge riders at places other than the regular bus stop or at school unless authorized by a school official.
School: 412-884-6300 ext. 7815