Visitors Upon arrival at school, all visitors must follow the procedures listed below:
1. Visitors are expected to park in designated visitor parking spots.
2. Visitors must wait to be “buzzed” in at the main entrance. Visitors are expected to identify themselves and state their purpose of business at Harrison Middle School via the intercom.
3. Visitors must immediately report to the office upon entering the building to sign in, show their state issued identification and receive an identification sticker. All visitors MUST wear their identification sticker at all times while in the building.
4. Upon the conclusion of their business, all visitors are expected to sign-out at the main office
Please note, the District's visitor management system requires that all visitors to the school have a valid driver’s license or photo identification card. The license or identification card will be scanned, comparing the information to that contained in a data base of registered sex offenders from all 50 states. If a match is found, administrators and law enforcement personnel can take appropriate steps to maintain a safe environment.
The visitor management system will provide a consistent system to track visitors and volunteers while identifying individuals who present a danger to students and staff members. The system will print a visitor badge that includes a photo, the name of the visitor, location/purpose of visit, time and date.
The following groups of people will be expected to have a license/identification card prior to gaining access to the school:
- District Staff not displaying a District-issued ID
- Parents/guardians picking children up for early dismissal
- Uniformed officers (not during time of emergency)
The visitor management system also has the capacity to track locally entered information and provide alerts as necessary.