The online enrollment portal for any incoming Kindergarten students for the 2023-2024 school year
will be open from February 27 - April 14, 2023.
If you and your family are new to our community, we welcome you to the district and look forward to enrolling your child or children into our schools! The following information will help you complete the online registration process.
Please note: If you already have a child who is currently enrolled in the Baldwin-Whitehall School District, please log into Skyward Family Access and click on the New Student Online Enrollment tab in order to enroll your child who will be new to the district.
Please read all instructions and review the required registration documents prior to accessing the registration portal below.
In order to be eligible for kindergarten, a child must:
- Be five years of age before the first day of September;
- Have a birth, baptismal, or hospital certificate;
- Meet the Pennsylvania State Law immunization requirements;
- Be enrolled in the spring or before the end of the second week of school, unless the child is being transferred from another kindergarten.
- Your child’s immunization records (If you do not have these records, please obtain a copy from your child’s doctor.)
- Effective January 1, 2018, all children are required to have their blood lead level tested prior to entry into Kindergarten or before they are six years old, whichever is sooner. Proof must be provided. For more information, follow this link.
- Your child’s original birth record
- Custody agreement/court order if parents are separated or divorced
- Court ordered guardianship papers if the student resides with someone other than a natural parent
- Copy of IEP, 504, or Rtl (if applicable)
- Parental proof of identity with current address (passport or photo ID)
- Proof of Residency Deed or current lease AND two of the following: current utility bill, current credit card bill, tax statements, Department of Transportation driver's license or identification card, or vehicle registration with your current address.
*Expired documents will not be accepted*
Scanned copies or photos of the required documents must be uploaded. The preferred file formats are jpeg or pdf. Please do not take one picture of multiple pages in the same picture. If any information is missing, your child's school building will reach out to you via email or telephone call.
Kindergarten Online Registration Portal
Fill out all information carefully, accurately, and completely. Please be sure to click "Complete" after each step of the application. After all steps have been completed, you must click on the "Submit Application to District" button in order for your application to be processed.
*For parents/guardians who do not have access to a computer, please call either:
McAnnulty Elementary School at 412-714-2020 OR J.E. Harrison Education Center at 412-885-7530.
Once all of the documentation requirements are met, you will receive an email or telephone call confirming your completed registration. You will also receive a time for your child to attend mandatory Kindergarten Screening. Screening dates are below:
June 14 OR June 15, 2023*
at McAnnulty Elementary School
*Students will be assigned to a screening time on either June 14 or June 15.
Any additional questions regarding registration for the 2023-2024 school year should be directed to either school building listed below.
McAnnulty Elementary School - 412-714-2020
J.E. Harrison Education Center - 412-885-7530
Home Language Surveys
ALL newly registering students regardless of race, nationality, or language origin MUST complete this form. Federal law requires that all Local Education Agencies (LEAs) utilize a non-biased procedure for identifying which students are potential English Learners (ELs) in order to provide appropriate language instruction educational programs and services. Given this responsibility, LEAs have the right to ask for the information contained on this and other forms associated with the identification process.
Additional Registration Forms
Complete only if applicable.